Autumn Sessions: September 24 - October 29 | November 5 - December 17
- Develop vocabulary bank to identify everyday objects
- Simple noun + verb constructions
- Facility with using Mandarin terms in interactive play.
- Introduction to pinyin alphabet system
Games teach students to actively use linguistic patterns while creating a visual and social context for speech.
Saturday 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm | November 5 - December 17 | Hyde Park
Thursday 4:40 pm - 5:40 pm| September 5 - December 17 | Lincoln Park
- Develop a broader set of expressive vocabulary.
- Grammar constructions identifying where and when.
- Facility with using Mandarin sentences in interactive play.
- Character practice.*
Students play a strategic game spanning the 6-week session. The game advances in skill level as new terms and grammar formulations are introduced each class.
*Intermediate classes assume familiarity with pinyin alphabet system.
Saturday 2:10 pm - 3:10 pm | November 5 - December 17 | Hyde Park
Learning Objectives: Advanced students are introduced to more complicated syntax and learn variations of usage in daily conversation. The advanced class puts an emphasis on learning Chinese characters and students receive weekly homework to practicing reading and writing.
Saturday 3:30 pm - 4:40 pm| September 24 - October 29| Hyde Park